Out With It...Worst Books Ever Read
July 9, 2004
The time has come. That literacy post got me thinking. One of these days I'm going to post my recommended reading list (right..in all of my infinite wisdom and glory I'm sure). But hey, reader "Donna" suggested it so why not. But now it's time for a little Friday fun. I feel like doing a little ripping, so out with it. What are some of the worst books you've ever read?
As a pre-curser, let's not get offended if someone lists off our most-favorite book. Everything's up for criticism 'round these parts...except of course, the Holy Bible.
I'll start and continue adding as they come to me:
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- The Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
- Everything in my History of Contemporary Christian Thought Seminar by a bunch of old white dudes
- Auto-Biography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X (with help from Alex Haley)...yeah I said it.
More forthcoming. Gosh this is fun. I'm interested to hear what books make your list. Have a great weekend everyone!
Posted by Ambra at July 9, 2004 12:10 PM in Culture